The Pride "Business" Network is a division of Colorado Springs Pride. On Thursday, April 9, 2009, Colorado Springs Pride passed a resolution officially forming the GLBTA Chamber of Commerce The Chamber now called the Pride Network was established to promote and support the LGBT business and professional community. The association does this by working toward the following objectives:
- Promote the association to all segments of the community at large.
- Support current or future business or related issues on which the association wishes to promote a position.
- Provide educational opportunities and information research, and information.
- Provide a forum for members to enhance their business organization.
- Provide a support system for all members to meet professionally and socially.
Standard of Ethics and Conduct
Business Partners of Colorado Springs Pride strive to recognize, promote and improve LGBT business in the local Colorado Springs community. Our members agree to be honor-bound by these standards of business conduct and ethics:
- Conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness with respect to customers, clients and employees alike
- Support the ideas and goals of the Colorado Springs Pride & the Pride Network as well as support the LGBT community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.
- Be accessible and accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act in the customer or client's best interest.
- Conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of the state where located and to specific business or professional codes of ethics and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- Do not discriminate based upon race, creed, economic condition, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, political affiliation, organizational membership, physical or mental disability, or HIV/AIDS status.
- Do not use or condone advertising that is; untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors; contains insincere offers to sell; which as a whole, may be misleading or result in misrepresentation by direct statement, inference or omission.
- Be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business.
Colorado Springs Pride does not evaluate the goods and/or services of those listed with [Colorado Springs Pride promotional materials and online resources]. Appearance of a business or organization in [Colorado Springs Pride promotional materials and online resources] does not constitute endorsement by Colorado Springs Pride unless expressly stated. Colorado Springs Pride will not allow listings from businesses with an "unsatisfactory" rating from the Better Business Bureau.
If a [customer, client, guest, user] identifies a listing from an entity that is not LGBT-Friendly, Colorado Springs Pride will investigate the allegations, and [listings] will be removed if the allegations prove to be true. If a [customer, client, guest, user] identifies a listing in [Colorado Springs Pride promotional materials and online resources] from a business that the [customer, client, guest, user] believes is operating below standards, the [customer, client, guest, user] should contact the Better Business Bureau. Colorado Springs Pride will not allow postings from businesses or institutions that have an "unsatisfactory" rating with the Better Business Bureau.
The appearance of a businesses or organization in the Pride Network's website is not indicative of the sexual orientation of the business owners or representatives.